Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 12 September 2013

Top 10 Freshers Interview Questions and Answers

08:52
With exam season almost at an end, thousands of youngsters across the country are on the lookout for that all-important first job. But the going can be tough (and stressful) for freshers looking to catch a break in the hyper-competitive corporate world.

So to help all you freshers out there make the best impression at your first job interview, we present the 10 most commonly asked questions fresher face and guide you on how to answer them.

1) Tell me something about yourself? 

I am a person with strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to get along well with people. I enjoy challenges and looking for creative solutions to problems. OR

Besides the details given in my resume, I believe in character values, vision and action. I am quick in learning from mistakes. I am confident that the various tests that you have conducted will corroborate my competencies aptitude and right attitude for the job.

2) What do you seek from a job? 

I would like a job which gives me a chance to apply all that I have learned in college as well as one which enables me to grow as a professional. I would like a role which enables me to make a difference. OR

Great learning opportunities, challenging roles, rational career progression, good job satisfaction and opportunities to use my strength organization that gives me the opportunity to serve the organization and the society.

3) How would you present your strengths? 

Always remember “ Do not simple state your strengths. You do have some Strengths and try to convert your strengths into benefits. In short try to advertise yourself by converting your features into strengths."

You can answer in two ways : - 

a) I am a hard worker and because of this ability I can work for additional hours to accomplish my tasks.

I am commitment oriented and hence I always enjoy the trust and confidence of my team mates which enables me to perform my duties very easily.

I am adaptable, so I can handle any type of people and situations and also bring out the best from them in spite of conflicting situations or opinions.

I am a quick learner, so I can any subject quickly and analyze my job and add value to it as well as I can identify the problem and solve them faster and better.

b) My strength is that I have very strong values and ethics and a very good eye for detail. I believe in strong relationships and have a very supportive family and very good friends.

4) Do you have any weakness? 

Always remember – “Try to specify your weakness as your strength and also highlight it as a benefit.” There’s a saying –

Quote:

“However small the thorn maybe it has the ability to pierce.”

So never highlight your weakness unless specifically asked.

Answer: One of my weaknesses as I perceive it would be occasional compromise on time for quality and perfection.

5) Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? 

I see myself as a _______ in your esteemed organization where by with all my enhanced learning and skill, I shall be able to make up a valuable and meaningful contribution to your organization.

6) Tell us an incident where you had a problem with your team-mate. How did you handle it? 

Once I had a problem with my team-mate in college who was my partner in my field work assignment. We had a disagreement on how to present our project report. I explained my point of view to her and asked her for her view point. I’ve found that when conflict occurs, it’s because of a failure to see both sides of the situation. At that point we found a compromise could be reached by incorporating both our ideas.

7) Is there anything else that we should know about you that would impact our decision? 

I am a continuous learner and try to keep myself abreast of all developments in the field of IT. Also since I do not quit in the face of toughest challenges, I am certain that I would be able to achieve the targets that I set for myself and beyond.

8) How do you deal with criticism? 

“You can’t please everyone, so just please yourself. You are your best critic. Some people are just not going to like you. Accept it.”

9) Did you have any failures in your life? 

I failed to score a good percentage in my intermediate. I worked hard for it but scored less than what I expected.

10) What have you learnt from your failures? 

From my failures I have learnt to analyze myself and find out my shortcomings. Those shortcomings are the areas of future improvement for me and I have undertaken seriously to improve myself on those relevant areas. One more thing I learned is never to give up, never to feel rejected. Quote: “Accepting a failure is a man’s great trait.” 
Share This :
Tags:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer